Things You Can Do At Home to Help Your Child At School
When you connect with your child every day, your child benefits for life. When he or she knows you care and are concerned about their education good things happen! Below are a few tips for your child’s success:
- Be involved from the get go! Instill a love for learning.
- Be a positive role model.
- Partner with your child’s teachers.
- Monitor your child’s homework, assignments, grades and attendance.
- Talk and listen to your child.
- Develop a routine or specific time for homework where you are available to help or listen if needed. You are vital to their success.
- Ensure your child is at school, on time, every day possible.
- Be sure that your child is getting adequate sleep at night.
- Volunteer at your child’s school.
- Applaud your child’s effort!
QUESTIONS: If you have questions regarding your child’s progress, please email your child’s teacher or call the School Counseling Office to schedule a conference.
Homework Request Procedure
For absences of less than 3 days, we ask that the student make arrangements directly with their teacher to get any make up work. In order to request make up work due to a lengthy absence of 3 or more days, contact the School Counseling Office at 386-749-6800 ext. 23743. Please allow 24 hours for the work to be collected from the teachers.